Deodorant is not just to cover up the bad odor of your armpits or body, but to make you feel refreshed. But the synthetic chemicals in store brought deodorants are toxic and harmful. But when it comes to natural deodorant or homemade deodorant it is extremely beneficial. Our health and wellness are the supreme concern for us, and specially the choices we make for our hygiene are the most important decisions for us.
Most of us are unaware of the homemade or natural deodorants and end up using the much harmful artificial cosmetic products. So we have some details on how to make natural deodorant also highlighting the benefits and effectiveness of these homemade deodorants.
Why Homemade Deodorant?
The cosmetic and artificial deodorants are high in toxic contents which are extremely harmful for our skin. Since most part of deodorant is absorbed by our skin to these toxins enter our system from here.
The conventional deodorants are thus not healthy and we must diss them for homemade deodorants are free from the toxins which cosmetic deodorants comprise of.
Natural Deodorant Benefits
Some natural deodorant benefits include:
1. Natural Deodorants Are Free From Aluminum:
Aluminum is used in conventional deodorants to stop perspiration. But aluminum results in extreme health issues like seizure, breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, bone disorders, kidney malfunctions and more. Thus natural deodorants are free from aluminum, thus they must be used in place of conventional ones.
2. Natural Deodorants Are Free From Parabens:
Parabens is used in many natural care items and is also used as a preservative. Parabens mimic estrogen in our body thus the hormonal balance of the body goes for a toss. Thus causing early puberty, risk of hormonal cancer, also triggering birth defects in children. But the natural deodorant is free from parabens thus preventing from all these ailments
3. Natural Deodorants Are Free From Phthalates:
Pthalates cause cell mutation and disrupt hormone receptors which trigger the risk of birth defects. Phthalates are added to keep up the consistency of the personal care products like deodorants. But natural deodorants are free form phthalates thus they would not pose a threat to cell or hormone receptors
4. Natural Deodorants Are Free From Triclosan:
Through triclosan is an anti-microbe, which kills bacteria, fungus and other microorganisms, it is classified under pesticides by FDA. It is linked with problems like disruptions of endocrine system, it is a kind of carcinogen thus increasing the risk of cancer. It is also believed to increase fever or allergy symptoms.
5. Natural deodorant is free from propylene glycol:
Propylene glycol is a neurotoxin and skin irritant and it can damage your central nervous system, heart and liver. It is used in conventional deodorants to increase absorption and keep the substances from drying. Thus it is an anti-freeze substance.
Some Homemade Deodorant Recipe You Must Try:
Homemade deodorant are not just easy but hygienic and harmless too. Thus we must use these natural deodorant over the artificial cosmetic ones. These homemade deodorants use the products which are gentle and smooth to the skin thus keeping the skin health intact and also is high on hygiene thus giving thus helping us maintain wellness too. Some great homemade DIY deodorant recipes are:
1. Shea Butter Homemade Deodorant Recipe:
This gentle homemade deodorant consists of shea butter and coconut oil as main ingredients, both of which are great for sensitive and dry skin. This is a wonderful homemade deodorant for sensitive skin which keeps the skin health at prime along with reducing the bad odor.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon shea butter
- 2 tablespoon arrow root or organic cornstarch
Procedure to Prepare Homemade Deodorant For Sensitive Skin:
- Melt both shea butter and coconut oil over medium heat
- Now remove them and let them cool a little
- Now add baking soda and arrowroot and mix well
- Now make a smooth paste
- Pour it in a glass container and let it cool down completely for 2 days
- Use it all through the summer, you can also put in a deodorant stick for easy application
2. Essential Oil Homemade Deodorant With Coconut Oil:
Essential oils have a certain magical odor with them, which helps in bringing incredible freshness and revitalizes too. They help in giving all necessary skin care ingredients along with non-toxic effects for removing infections and dirt. This essential oil based homemade deodorant is excellent for all day freshness
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon shea butter
- Half cup arrowroot or corn starch
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Few drops of lavender essential oil, tea tree oil, grapefruit essential oil
Procedure to prepare Homemade Deodorant With Coconut oil:
- Melt both shea butter and coconut oil on medium flame
- Now add arrow starch and baking soda to it
- Make a smooth paste and add essential oils
- Let it mix well and then transfer it all to a glass jar
- Let it cool down for 2 days
- Use it as deodorant for armpits and neck region
3. Natural Herbal Homemade Deodorant:
The herbal extracts help in making the natural deodorant extremely wonderful for all skin types. Being herbal makes it toxin free and hygienic too.
- 5 cup 80 proof vodka
- One forth cup sage leaves
- One forth cup thyme leaves
- One lemon peel
- Half cup lavender buds
- Some essential oils: sage, tea tree, lavender, lemongrass oil, patchouli
- Half teaspoon colloidal silver
Procedure To Prepare Herbal Homemade Natural Deodorant:
- Put herbs and citrus peel in a mason jar
- Add vodka and cover the lid
- Keep it aside for a month and shake the jar at least once every day
- After a month strain the ingredients
- Add essential oils and colloidal silver
- Shake the bottle well and use it every morning as spray
4. Homemade Natural Deodorant For Sensitive Skin With Coconut Oil:
Specially made deodorant for sensitive skin includes coconut oil in generous quantities, and it helps in keeping the skin health intact. Also, the ingredients are so gentle and amazing in this homemade deodorant that it makes the entire product appealing for most
- One cup arrow root powder or corn starch
- Half cup baking soda
- 6 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Mix melted coconut oil and cornstarch or arrow root powder
- Add more and more coconut oil as you whisk to make a consistent liquid
- Now add this to a jar with an airtight lid
- Store it and use every morning
5. Simple 2 Ingredient Quick Homemade Deodorant Recipe:
This is a quick and easy fix for your deodorant. Simple to make and just two ingredient offering makes it very popular. Just mix baking soda in water and make a smooth white paste. Do not add excess baking soda as it can be abrasive to skin. Then apply a few drops of this to armpits and you are ready to go.
Create homemade deodorant with this 2 ingredient and 2 step procedure, as this is your go to fix for immediate needs. This is also for those who have bad body odor and armpits smells almost rotten. Baking soda will kill the infection causing smell and make the area healthy and hygienic.
Some Home Remedies to Prevent Bad Under-Arm Odor:
In addition to homemade deodorants we must also adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent bad body odor. Using deodorant is absolutely necessary specially during summer months but in addition to keeping health and hygiene you must pick a few more tips which will help in reducing the odor:
1. Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
ACV is a magic potion which not just kills odor causing microorganisms but also helps in keeping the skin pores clear. The bacterial growth is reduced and arm pits look cleaner and fresh than ever. Just dip a cotton ball in ACV and apply on your armpits every day for lasting results
2. Alcohol Wipes:
Alcohol helps in killing odor causing infectious bacteria quickly. Alcohol also helps in closing skin pores thus making the armpits fresh as ever. Alcohol also evaporates quickly leaving no residue behind thus it is easy to apply on armpits
3. Hydrogen Peroxide:
Hydrogen peroxide is a good anti-bacterial and helps in clearing the odor causing microorganisms quickly off the armpits. Just mix water and hydrogen peroxide and use a cotton to apply on armpits twice a day for amazing results
Lemon is a natural antiseptic, anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory. The acidic properties of lemon help in killing bacterial smell also regulating pH levels of the skin. Gently rub lemon slice on your armpits twice a day and see results
Radish also helps in reducing the underarm odor. Mix radish juice and some glycerin and use a cotton pad to apply over the armpits. Let it stay for a few minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.
Just a little lettuce juice is great to get rid of underarm odor. Lettuce is a good herb which can be stores in refrigerator and just rubbing the lettuce leaves also gives exact same results.
7. Use Essential Oils on Arm Pits:
From rosemary to lavender to tea tree any essential oil which suits your skin type must be used on your armpits. Prepare a spray of all these essential oil and use as a deodorant spray daily to get rid of this bad odor at armpits
8. Drink Plenty of Water and Take Bath at Least Twice a Day.
Use a good quality body wash and wipe the under arm areas nicely at every bath. Use antibacterial soaps and wear sweat absorbing clothes which allow breathing space and are not too tight. Pick some relaxation exercise and shave armpits regularly. Additionally, you can use hand sanitizer on your armpits too.
Share ahead and keep writing us, we love hearing from you!